Monday, October 6, 2008

Sad and fulfilling

I wish I had pictures to capture what we got to do today. The church has set up a distribution center for things needed for the hurricane victims and churches in several different states have sent money and supplies for us to hand out. There was everything from food to cleaning supplies. We had about 30 families come through in four hours. It as so hard to hear there stories. Some have lost their house for the second time. It was so hard to not be able to do more.

Everyone of them asked us to pray. Please take the time to pray for these families.

I'm sitting here just thinking how blessed we are to get to come home and have what we have. We take it for granted the fact that we have a toothbrush. One guy asked me if I had a bible becuase his was lost in the storm.

As I left I felt so guilty that it made me feel so good to help them. They have to go back to a hotel and wait and wonder how long its going to take them to get a home. I hope and pray we were able to bless them today.

1 comment:

Penny Kendall Photography said...

You are amazing! I couldn't be more proud of you and the heart that you offer others. I'm so glad I'm your mom!