Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gustav

Well, we are back after spending close to a week at my moms. God was good and faithful and we were spared to much damage in these parts. Here in Sulphur they say we didn't even get two inches of rain. Its kinda weird to come back into town and everything be closed or closing early. Everyone is still trying to get back and life is still trying to go on as usual.

For us, coming home was a little sad for the kids. Joel called us as we were on our way home and told us that the cat had eaten Ethan's pet snake. It was so sad but he was quick to make a plan as to what was going in that cage next. I'm hoping he will lean more towards the frog idea. : ) Unfortunately that was not the worst news. When we got home Joel pulled me aside and told me that just a few hours before we arrived that our sweet kitty had been hit by a car. Wow, my poor babies! They are so sad. Everyone around here seems to be moping, even the dog. He looks for her everywhere. I keep finding him by all of her hiding places. Sniff sniff!

I guess we will start planning for the next storm now. : ) I hope and pray all is well!!

1 comment:

Falon said...

Hope school goes well for you today! So sad about the kitty =(